How to build a Call Script using our Script Builder
You can watch the video or follow our step-by-step instructions below!
1. Sign in to your VOIQ Account
- Sign in to your VOIQ account here.
2. Creating a Script
- After logging in, naming your campaign, and choosing your VoiceBot voice, you can now begin to create your own custom script.
- If you are unfamiliar with how to create a campaign please refer to the How to Create A Campaign resource page for instructions
- Your script determines how your VoiceBot will interact with your contacts.
- The green phone icon represents the beginning of the call. As soon as your contact answers the call with a greeting, the VoiceBot will start the script with the instructions from the container connected to the phone icon.
- You can drag and drop the container anywhere within the script builder (represented by the grid of dots).
- After choosing the container with the feature you want, click on the container to edit the content of the container.
- Clicking on the container, will make the container editor appear on the right hand side of the screen. Here is where you determine what you want your VoiceBot to say and how you want it tonteract
- After filling the container with your desired script and saving your content, you will be able to see the content within the container itself in the script builder.
- To personalize your script, you can add smart tags. Smart tags are represented by two vertical bars (ie. ||FirstName||, ||PromoCode||, ||Location||...)
- To add a smart tag simply click on the drop down menu with the text “Select a smart tag” and click on the smart tag you want to include.
- Click here to learn how to add custom smart tags.
- To access the record your own voice feature, click on the "My Voice" tab. To record your own voice, you can either upload an .mp3 file or record directly into our platform
- To record you own voice within the platform, click on the green microphone icon and record. Press the red stop icon to stop the recording. You can review and re-record the recording.
- To upload an .mp3 file, click on the green upload button on the right hand side and select the audio file you would like to upload.
- The record your own voice feature allows you to replace our synthetic VoiceBot voices with your own voice. The campaign and script will carry out as normal, but instead of using own of our synthetic voices, it will use your voice recording.
- The flow of the script determines how the VoiceBot will interact with those who are being called.
- In order to determine the flow of the script, connect the containers by clicking on one of the gray boxes surrounding the container, followed by one of the gray boxes surrounding the container you want to connect it to. Once properly connected, a green arrow will appear, indicating the flow of the conversation
- To create the starting point of the script, click one of the gray boxes surrounding the green phone icon, which will make the gray box turn orange, and then click the gray box surrounding the container you want to start with.
- Once you have properly connected the containers, you will see an arrow, indicating the direction of the flow.
- If the container is a yes/no question, then you will see the path the VoiceBot will take if the contact replies, yes or no.
- To delete the connection, hover over the arrow you want to delete and click on the garbage can that appears when you do to delete the arrow and therefore change the call flow.
- On the left menu bar is the list of the script builder features. Here is a brief introduction into when/how you might use them. You can click on the feature that if you would like to learn more about depth.
- Yes/no - When you want your VoiceBot to ask a yes/no question. Your VoiceBot will then expect a yes/no response
- Statement - When you want your VoiceBot to deliver a message without expecting a response
- Schedule meeting - When you want your VoiceBot to schedule a meeting with your contact directly into your calendar
- Transfer call - When you want to transfer your contact to a live agent.
- Send SMS - when you want to send your contact a text message
- Open Ended - when you want your VoiceBot to ask your contact a question and listen/transcribe their response.
- Launch a Test Call of your campaign to ensure that your script works as expected. You can send a test call to a contact you’ve previously uploaded to VOIQ or fill out the contact information.
- To end the script, simply connect the container you want to finish with to the red phone icon. To access the red phone icon, click on the end feature on the left menu bar.
Check our Support Page or reach us by email at email@example.com for help with any questions related to our VoiceBot Call Platform.