How to create a VoiceBot Call Campaign
There are two reasons why you'd use the VOIQ platform to create your VoiceBot campaigns, either (1) you want to use a multi-question script for your VoiceBot, in which case you have to build your script on VOIQ, or (2) you do not use any of the CRM integrations we currently offer, and want to launch VoiceBots from the VOIQ platform instead.
You can watch the video or follow our step-by-step instructions below!
1. Sign in to your VOIQ Account
- Sign in to your VOIQ account here.
2. Create a New Campaign
- Once logged in, click on New Campaign in the upper right-hand corner. Next, type in the name of your campaign. The Campaign Name is the name you assign to this VoiceBot call campaign, so that you can track and measure the calls you make with this campaign in the VOIQ dashboard.
- We recommend making your campaign name as descriptive as possible.
- We offer suggested Campaign Objectives that represent common use cases, but you can choose “other” if your use case doesn’t fit in with any of the suggested objectives.
3. Pick Your Voice
- In this section, you pick the voice you want to use for your VoiceBot. You can preview each voice and filter by gender, language (Spanish, French, German), accent , and tone.
- *We provide you the option of recording your own voice instead of using one of our synthetic voices. See below for more information*
4. Create your Script
- To begin creating your script, click create custom script
- Your script determines how your VoiceBot will interact with your contacts.
- The green phone icon represents the beginning of the call. As soon as your contact answers the call with a greeting, the VoiceBot will start with the container connected to the phone icon.
- To add a container, click on the type of container that you want to add on the left menu bar. For example, to add a yes/no question, click on the yes/no feature.
- The container will appear on the top left of the script builder.
- To determine your VoiceBot's script, click on the container you want to edit and type directly into the text box that opens up on the right side of the screen.
- To personalize your script, add smart tags. Smart tags are represented by two vertical bars (ie. ||FirstName||, ||PromoCode||, ||Location||...)
- To add a smart tag, click on the drop down menu with the text “Select a smart tag”
- To access the record your own voice feature, click on the "My Voice" tab. To record your own voice, click on the green microphone icon and record. Press the red stop icon to stop the recording. You can review the recording in the player below.
- In order to create the flow of the script, connect the containers by clicking on on of the gray boxes surrounding the container, followed by one of the gray boxes surrounding the container you want to connect it to.
- If the container is a yes/no question, then you will see the path the VoiceBot will take if the contact replies, yes or no.
- On the left menu bar is the list of the script builder features. Here is a brief introduction into when/how you might use them.
- Yes/no - When you want your VoiceBot to ask a yes/no question. Your VoiceBot will then expect a yes/no response
- Statement - When you want your VoiceBot to deliver a message without expecting a response
- Schedule meeting - When you want your VoiceBot to schedule a meeting with your contact directly into your calendar
- Transfer call - When you want to transfer your contact to a live agent.
- Send SMS - when you want to send your contact a text message
- Open Ended - when you want your VoiceBot to ask your contact a question and listen/transcribe their response.
- Launch a Test Call of your campaign to ensure that your script works as expected. You can send a test call to a contact you’ve previously uploaded to VOIQ or fill out the contact information.
5. Upload your Contacts
- Once you’ve created your script, go to the top menu bar and click Add Contacts
- You can either add a contact individually, upload your contacts from a 3rd party application, or upload a CSV or Excel file.
- To upload a CSV file, select "Upload a CSV". You can either drag and drop the file or click upload on the bottom right hand corner.
- In order to upload your contacts, you'll need to have your contact data stored in a file on your computer.
- Make sure to label each column before uploading your list of contacts so that you can easily map them.The spreadsheet must include:
- The first name and phone number of the contacts that you want the VoiceBot to call
- A header for each column in your file
- The correct phone format: If you're calling U.S numbers, it should include the area code. If you're calling outside the U.S, you should add the country code in brackets.
- We recommend you include as many columns that you need in order to make the conversation as personalized as possible
- Click here to learn how to add a custom field
- Once you've uploaded your list of contacts, you need to map each column to a field. These fields will be used as smart tags when creating your script.
- You'll be able to see the total contacts uploaded by country and timezone. The platform uses the timezones of each of your contacts to make sure the VoiceBot calls them at the right time.
6. Schedule your Campaign
- Once you’ve added your contacts, go to the top menu bar and click Schedule.
- Below is where you define the start and end time of your call campaign. These times will automatically adjust for the time zone of each contact and only calls during weekdays.
- You must choose your number of Total Call Attempts. For example if we choose 3 call attempts, then the VoiceBot will try no more than three times to reach your contact. If the lead answers after the first call, then the lead is considered exhausted and will not be called again in this campaign.
- Time Intervals represents the amount of time in between each call attempt.
- Caller Identification is the numeric caller ID that your contacts will see when receiving calls. Click here to learn how to set up your caller ID.
- You can also Leave a Voicemail (optional) if your contact doesn’t pick up.
- If you decide to leave a Voicemail Message then then you’ll be prompted to write the script of the voicemail. The message should be brief and hit the key talking points from your script. Make sure to leave a name, and a phone number, or an email address where they can reach you.
7. Review and Launch your Campaign
- Once you’ve created your schedule, go to the top menu bar and click Launch.
- On the launch page you can review, edit, and launch/pause your campaign. You can pause your campaign at any time.
- The VoiceBot will immediately start calling your contacts if you uploaded a list of records to VOIQ.
- If you were using VOIQ to build a multi-question script and did not upload a list of records to VOIQ, your campaign will now be visible/searchable in your preferred CRM through the VoiceBot integration.
Check our Support Page or reach us by email at email@example.com for help with any questions related to our VoiceBot Call Platform.